I know her.
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
She is an idealogue whose nous is atypical; her shoulder on the wheel, it is art she pushes to delineate with laces and stones, or silk and satin. What she knows of aestheticism is the utter offspring of her very mode. Be that as it may, keeping abreast of her sundry conceptions is a tough row to hoe for they come in legions that ebb through the rumpus in her head. How does she halt the beautiful stampede from evanescing? The wind, she hushes; the walls, she brings forth. She, the Moon Flower, mostly scintillates upon the cheek of black quietude.
I know her.
Those of her kind send her praises, while commoners do the outright opposite.
She is Moon Lei.
A blatant belligerent, I say not, but rather a tactical magus between the in-betweens,
Thursday, 6 April 2017
Draping is the art of fabric manipulation that allows the designer to gain full control of his preference and ideas by positioning pieces garment on a dress form; the results are instantaneous. Pinning is used to secure the pleats, darts, and gathers.
I just finished Dressmaking I (Preparatory)
when I made this; and yes, it's pretty basic.
Bodice~ From Mid-Shoulder Waist Dart Pattern
Layout: Tulle on duchess.
These are hand-sewn flowers
Attaching the bodice..
Finishing the lining..
Zipper gone wrong! I had to replace and resew it.
Piping consumed my patience; and I (blind)stitched that
dangling thing there :)
I'm currently studying Module 2 (Secondary Dressmaking)
You want to enroll? Click here.
Sewn are riots of cylinder beads, come a hundred and one spangles. Spot on is the lucent that counterbalances the lackluster. Tones of blue, green to complement red; colors run side by side into a tout ensemble of arches, spirals, and random shapes.
Featuring the work of Salvacion Lim Higgins (SLIM)
Photo credit: SLIM Book
Wednesday, 5 April 2017
A summer salute from the aestival sun! Ground-breaking femme fatales, roguishly avant-garde and newfangled! I smell great femininity with traces of machismo. A philosopher and a sophist in combined, whose convictions are unbending. Women on a roll, pressing the revolutionary mode on. We are becoming more subject to modernity along with idealism. Clothing, based on the latter-day womenkind is from smart to business-casual. Boyish and girly, both extremes. Influence fashion, let fashion influence!
- COLORS: Shades of orange like atomic tangerine, carrot orange, vermilion and tenne for the sunny appeal. Tones as fern, forest, mantis and sea greens to calm the daystar heat with breeziness. Have everything blue and white for some radiant skyish approach.Soft-hued earth colors will neutralize the lucidity of sunrays on a high noon. Got to be flashy with silver and metallic gold. These colors depict women of the advanced generation.
- DESIGNS: Blossoms typify female species, so count floral prints in. Batik is hip. Style overload! Hand-crafted laces have the likes of today’s women. Yes, experimental and innovative. Leopard, so is camouflage, symbolize courage and intractableness. Summer must be filled with these. Torn and bleached, best describe headstrong chicks on the rise.Ethnic? Exotic! And technicolor por pabor.
- FABRICS: Pass on the cotton chicas, this fabric allows the body to breathe out from the suffocating heat. Thin linen, raffled chiffon, layered sheer, rayon and soft denim are the ultralight clothing materials best for summertime. The warm weather is pro-comfort, there must be easiness all over.
- STYLES: Ostentate those beguiling collarbones with asymmetrical hemlines and boat necks; oversized tees to loosen up the uptight weather; sheer dresses for the flirty see-through look; square and baggy pants, perfect for the long awayday ahead; rolled-up sleeves and hipster shorts, ah so husky; modern goddesses on earth must be clothed with Grecian empire waist and cold shoulder tops. Lastly, jumpsuits to delineate future and rugged sports.
- SHOES: Have kicks that really kick. High heel sneakers, dear. Make way for moccasins, suede sandals, topsiders, espadrilles and Mary Jane’s. Ankle boots and lace up wedges will tell who the boss is.
- BAGS: For multi-taskers, toss the satchels and fold over clutches; totes, cosmetic cases, duffle and bucket bags will be loved by venturesome wayfarers.